Destination Maternity Corp. (DEST, US25065D1000) is for a gambler-investor

Home Forums Stocks American Stocks Destination Maternity Corp. (DEST, US25065D1000) is for a gambler-investor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vasily Nekrasov
    Participant

Before yesterday, as the stock dropped -33%, this company was unknown to me. Now I am an investor, however, a gambler-investor, as Paul Samuelson wrote in some of his papers.

During recent years the company was making losses.
    However, Destination Maternity Corp. is not an start-up, it is a company with a long history, in which it already experienced such drops and recovers after them.
    This may or may not happen this time. But there is much more room to grow than to fall. So I just put a hundred bucks in this stock, As gambler-investor đŸ™‚

Attachments:
    Vasily Nekrasov
    Participant

Today the stock fell by -42%, as Destination Maternity and Orchestra-Prémaman scraped merger.

I take and calmly and put next $100 at stake.
    NB! $100, not $200 (because doubling would mean a martingale, which will not make you rich)!

Vasily Nekrasov
    Participant

Closed the position with ca. $100 profit. A position in a similar gambler stock was closed with ca. -$50, so in total won $50 on $300 investment. Per se not bad but in context of the drawdown that had to be tolerated – nothing good. And of course I hoped for a better pay-off from this lottery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.