Neuralstem [CUR, US64127R4011] – another stock for a gambler-investor

Home Forums Stocks American Stocks Neuralstem [CUR, US64127R4011] – another stock for a gambler-investor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vasily Nekrasov
    Participant

Neuralstem, Inc is down by -30%.
    The stock exists for a decade and has recovered from a significant drawdown several times. The only problem that really embarrasses me: the stock has never been profitable. But if it did not confuse the market during 10 years, I bet risk $100.

Vasily Nekrasov
    Participant

Code to generate the last chart using data from AlphaVantage

avUrl = paste0("https://www.alphavantage.co/query?function=TIME_SERIES_DAILY_ADJUSTED&symbol=CUR&outputsize=FULL&apikey=<yourAPIkey>")
        dat <- fromJSON(avUrl)
        nms = names(dat$"Time Series (Daily)")
        N = length(nms)
        dates = as.POSIXlt(nms)
        OHLCV = array(0.0, dim=c(N,8))
        for(n in 1:N)
        {
          OHLCV[n, 1] = as.double((dat$"Time Series (Daily)")[[n]]$"1. open")
          OHLCV[n, 2] = as.double((dat$"Time Series (Daily)")[[n]]$"2. high") 
          OHLCV[n, 3] = as.double((dat$"Time Series (Daily)")[[n]]$"3. low")
          OHLCV[n, 4] = as.double((dat$"Time Series (Daily)")[[n]]$"4. close")
          OHLCV[n, 6] = as.double((dat$"Time Series (Daily)")[[n]]$"5. adjusted close")
          OHLCV[n, 5] = as.double((dat$"Time Series (Daily)")[[n]]$"6. volume")
          OHLCV[n, 7] = as.double((dat$"Time Series (Daily)")[[n]]$"7. dividend amount")
          OHLCV[n, 8] = as.double((dat$"Time Series (Daily)")[[n]]$"8. split coefficient")
        }

curStock = as.quantmod.OHLC(zoo(OHLCV[, 1:6], order.by=dates), col.names = c("Open", "High", "Low", "Close", "Volume", "Adjusted"))
    chartSeries(curStock)

Vasily Nekrasov
    Participant

Closed the position with ca. -$50 loss. A position in a similar gambler stock was closed with ca. $100 profit, so in total won $50 on $300 investment. Per se not bad but in context of the drawdown that had to be tolerated – nothing good. And of course I hoped for a better pay-off from this lottery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.