Das Wikifolio AMERICANDREAM ist ein DACH-Wikifolio (also Wikifolio aus Wikifolien), welches aus "minimal 5 und bis maximal 20 wikifolios ... mit guter Performance und geringeren Marktschwankungen" besteht. Selbst eine schnelle Risikoanalyse lässt viele Gefahrenquellen entdecken. Vor allem wird die Bedingung "mit geringeren Marktschwankungen" nicht erhalten. Darüber hinaus droht mehreren "Zutat-Wikifolien" der (baldige) Totalverlust.
We scrutinize a case of investment strategy, which aggressively bets nearly everything on a few or even on a single stock. Since inception it yielded 160% of return by maximum drawdown of -45.59%. The strategy is popular among retail investors on Wikifolio (distinguished as "Bestseller"). We critically analyze possible risks and rewards.
Wikifolio is a FinTech start-up that lets virtually everybody to become an fund manager. Wikifolio adheres to highest public disclosure standards, in particular current portfolios and complete trading statistics are available in real time. However, wikifolio lacks any statistical and chart analysis. One cannot even add a benchmark like DAX or DJ30 to a wikifolio chart.
We propose a way to increase the value of disclosed information and looking forward for feedback from both Wikifolio trades and investors. We also hope for official feedback from Wikifolio team.
Summary of advantages:
- Wikifolio allows everyone to build a proven track record. If a portfolio meets some simple requirements, an ETF on it can be issued. Technically such ETFs are issued like certificates by Lang & Schwarz and are traded by L&S directly and on the Stuttgart Exchange.
- Wikifolio adheres to maximum disclosure policy: in particular, for every portfolio they provide complete trading history in real time.
- Wikifolio is very suitable for the strategies that imply frequent trading since there is no costs per trade (only bid-ask spread and all-in fee of 0.95% p.a.)
- Wikifolio liberates portfolio management from regulatory cram and lets investors meet the portfolio managers directly (without expensive and dubious middlemen). At the same time the investors do not need to transfer their money directly to portfolio managers, so there is virtually no scam risk.
- Last but not least, numerous successful traders on Wikifolio clearly disprove the mantra that "nobody can beat the market".